When the PlayBook first came out, all everyone could talk about was how it couldn’t do email unless you tethered it via Bluetooth to a BlackBerry. Now the OS2.0 fixes that, and more.
- A remote function allows you to use your Blackberry’s trackpad as a controller for the PlayBook and even other devices, such as PCs or even any Android tablet.
- Print-to-go function allows PCs to transfer documents to your PlayBook easily and wirelessly.
- Now supports some Android apps.
- Able to send messages without pairing it with a BlackBerry phone.
- Matte back cover material feels durable and high-end.
- The ability to combine all your messaging (well except BBM, ironically) such as Facebook, Twitter and any number of email accounts into one place.
- Despite the 5MP rear camera, picture quality isn’t that great.
- It’s a bit heavy.
- Annoying double message and email notifications from your tethered BlackBerry and the PlayBook.
OS 2.0 fixes the Playbook’s most glaring omission (a standalone email function) but without BBM, and wider support of Android apps, this is clearly a case of too little too late.
7 inch screen, 1GHZ 1GB Ram, 3MP front camera 5MP rear camera. 16GB B16,900, 32GB B18,900, 64GB B21,900.
Available at Blackberry retailers nationwide, try 4/F Central World, 999/9 Rama 1 Rd., 02-640-7000.